Thursday, May 5, 2011

In the Mean Time

Yesterday I got to go to a place called Greenwich. There's a really cool Maritime museum there. It's also the place that all the time zones are based off of. Greenwich mean time is essentially time zero. It was kind of cool to be there just because of that.

To get to Greenwich, we took a boat down the Thames. On the way, I saw Big Ben and Houses of Parliament. It was very pretty and a very calm ride. To get back from Greenwich, I took the DLR (direct light rail I think) which interestingly has no driver in it. You can sit at the very front which can be entertaining (you can also pretend like you're the one conducting the train...not saying I've tried it or anything...).

After Greenwich, I went to the Museum of London to finish up an assignment for Civ. I really love that museum. It has tons of awesome info. I read about the Civil War, Great Plague, and Great Fire of London. It was interesting stuff.

Next I went to Charring Cross road. It's not as exciting as I thought it would be. It has a lot of book shops that sell old, used books. I didn't find anything very interesting, but some people that went did. Well, at least I can say I've done it now, right? That night I just did homework. I'm reading Utopia, again for Civ. Wasn't the most exciting, but that's okay. That was yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment