Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I am in London!

For one reason or another, my computer and camera have decided not to communicate. Hence, the pictures I took cannot be displayed here for you to see. Shame, you're missing out.

Landed this morning at 6:00 or so local time. We were then instructed to remain awake until 21:00. I still have an hour and a half left to be awake... Thus, I'm writing this post in a not altogether here kind of state. Yesterday, I watched the sun set over the clouds. I gazed at stars. And then I saw the sun rise over the clouds, all on the same flight. That was kind of cool.

I've run into quite a few American tourists (some of whom swear the people here don't really speak English). There is a lot of talk about the wedding that will take place in just a few days. London will be crazy that day.

Today my professors had us do an orientation/to-keep-you-awake walk. We went to the tube stations that are near the London Centre, visited Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park, and found the good wifi spots. I wish I could show you pictures, because there's some neat stuff here. It's also fun when I see a sign that says "Danger of Death" or "Solo Motorcycles". It makes sense, but it's just not what an American would say in a similar situation. My room has a nice view of the street on which I now live. I can't think of much else to say since I can't just show you what I saw. My fellow students are of course fun to be with and the professors are awesome too. And...yeah. Happy first day in London. I will be having a major celebration when I'm finally allowed to sleep in a little more than an hour.

1 comment:

  1. Anyone can add comments now. :) But please do put your name instead of anonymous. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete