Date completed: May 9
Walk members: Jason (leader), Molly
First view coming out of the underground: Big Ben, magnificent and towering over you. So beautiful. I loved all the architecture on this walk. We went by the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, and Westminster Abbey. We only got a little bit lost on this walk. We unwittingly started walking towards an area that was closed to the public. A constable came up and looked at us a bit strangely (Jason had a camera around his neck and the walks book in his hand...we weren't tourists at all) then asked if we needed some help. We asked him where the street was we were looking for. He directed us on how to get out of there. As we walked away, I couldn't help giggling at the situation. At least the constable didn't hear me as I practiced my British accent just before he saw us! The other situation that made me giggle is when we saw one of the guard type people from the palace. He was stationed somewhere along the walk. We felt kind of bad for him, standing there as tourists gawked and took pictures with him. And yet, we couldn't pass up the opportunity. And so, we got someone else to help us out and take a picture for us. :) This was a fun walk indeed.
I love the picture with the guard! His hat is hilarious--how can he see?
ReplyDeleteI dare you to give the guy a kiss ;)
ReplyDeleteHah, and get shot? You must be mad!
ReplyDelete