Wednesday, June 8, 2011

London Walk #9 - Bloomsbury


Walk members: Molly, Hannah (leader)

Walk completed June 5

It was raining! So I decided to go for a walk. I hadn't gotten to go walking in the rain yet. And surprisingly, I was able to get someone to go with me. I noticed that this walk had a lot of plaques on houses for cool people that had lived there. But they were people I'd never heard of before. After awhile, it just seemed silly and like over kill. I'm sure that at one point in time pretty much every house in London was inhabited by someone really cool. They just don't usually put that many plaques up. Interesting things to see on the walk included the University of London, the British Museum (which I still need to go in some day soon), and some random theatre thing...I don't recall what exactly it was, it just looked interesting. The picture we took was in Russell Square which was just a small patch of green in the middle of everything else. Sadly, the fountain thing stopped being cool as soon as we walked up to it. The water used to be going higher. And then it stopped. But we took a picture there anyway. I liked this walk. I thought it had interesting places to see and we didn't get terribly lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment